Vice Chair Introduction - Michael Miller



Hi everyone!

My name's Michael Miller and I'll be one of your vice chairs for 23rd this spring. I'm a junior majoring in applied mathematics at UC Berkeley with intentions of pursuing a career in software engineering and data science. This will be my 6th year doing Model UN, and my second with BMUN. I'm also the current Undersecretary General of Logistics for BMUN so you might see me running around putting out fires each day of conference.

Outside of academics I enjoy practicing my photography, cooking new dishes from a variety of cultures, and generally learning about the world. Besides that I really like reading mystery novels and listening to true crime podcasts whenever I have free time. I also love working out, playing games, watching movies, and spending time with my friends.

I hope that our committee will be a great learning experience for all of you. The historical period which we have decided to focus on had a massive impact on many aspects of international relations today. By examining and debating the ways in which the United Nations might have best addressed both the war in Vietnam and the subject of nuclear nonproliferation, we hope that all of you are able to better analyze issues in the modern world with a solid foundation in history.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in March!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Position Paper Tips

Topic B Discussion: Refugees and the Vietnam War